Integrated Casting Order Network (ICON)ICON is derived from one of the most successful and award-winning programs in recent years through the American Metalcasting Consortium (AMC), the Procurement Solutions Network for Castings. This web-based resource simplifies the procurement process for cast parts for the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), the procurement agency for the Department of Defense, by leveraging the integration of:
1. A tooling database that cataloged the location of existing defense-related patterns
2. A casting supplier database of those foundries that manufacture parts for the defense industry
3. Solicitation review process to quickly identify government procurements for cast components and direct them to capable metal casting facilities.
4. A Messaging Center that allows ICON users to interact and communicate about government castings solicitations/work all inside ICON.
5. A Contract Management Center that allows users to monitor, issue, and track RFQs with other active ICON users on solicitations/government casting work all inside ICON.
6. Inventory Management Center that catalogs supplier inventory and when applicable stock on hand; suppliers have the ability to upload their searchable catalogs products directly in ICON.
Further, the capabilities of ICON continue to expand and grow in scope. For detailed information about ICON, visit icon.nffs.org or contact Sheila Rayburn, ICON Program Manager, at 847-268-4876, Cell: 269-274-7664 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be directed to the ICON platform, click the button below: